Churches in Sussex
The Church of St Peter lies on the lawns to the south of Parham
It is clearly a Georgian rebuild on the inside, it has a pew
for the family of the estate, with it's own entrance porch on the north,
including a fireplace for their comfort.
The Tower was added in the 1800-1820 rebuild onto a 15th C base.
The Lead Font is one of only three in Sussex, on a Sussex Marble Pedestal, it is at the west end surrounded by a three sided pew.
The two plaques on the pulpit are from the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem, placed here in 1965.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.